About Luminary Media:
With the launch of Chronogram magazine in 1993, Luminary Media began over 25 years of participation in driving the creative economy of the Hudson Valley. Since then we have launched magazines, web-sites, and a place-based marketing agency because we believe in the place we live and we are driven to add meaningful value to our community. Look at us! We are a company that thrives on creativity, collaboration, and accomplishment. We hire people who share our desire to build real prosperity personally, within our company, and within the community of the Hudson Valley. If you are a creative business visionary driven to build something rich and amazing— If you have a desire for personal, organizational, and community prosperity– If you want to be part of vital, growing organization— Join us.
Regional Business Development Executives are responsible and accountable for planning and managing the execution of sales plans, relationship building, and pipeline growth within an assigned region. They will work in line with the departments annual and long-term business plans and sales and profitability goals. They will broker deals, sign contracts, manage relationships with key clients and develop and manage programs to generate and increase sales of Luminary products and services.
- Key sales role.
- Be part of the planning and vision of our team
- Be a self starter with entrepreneurial mind
- Set your own schedule – remote working optional
- Work at a value based, mission driven organization and build your life in the Hudson Valley
- Competitive compensation package built with base salary, commissions and bonus incentives
- Pipeline Building: Assess and review your region. Source, evaluate, and select a pipeline of applicable businesses for specific products and packages, assessing credit worthiness, marketing budgets, and overall marketing landscape and current efforts to create a clear and robust pipeline. Assess which products would be best for prospects key goals and demographics.
- Competition: Assess the region’s competition via publications, small marketing firms, and other resources that may hinder deals from closing. Determine strategies to showcase Luminary’s superiority in competing services.
- Sales: Develop and manage relationships with clients and prospects to assist them in creating marketing decisions that utilize Luminary’s products and service offerings. Work with personnel and marketing departments to create the perfect package of Luminary products tailored to the clients class of trade, market demographics, and customer focus within their allotted budget.
- Collaborate with Sales Director and other regional sales associates to develop an overall sales strategy for all classes of business and regions, annual business plans, and operating budgets, as well as mutually supportive processes and systems.
- Manage special projects that are related to region, category, or brand development in region ranging from new products go-to market to lead development, sales, and distribution.
- Develop annual sales forecasts and prepare weekly analyses and reports that monitor and analyze sales activity and market trends. Conduct quarterly and/or annual business reviews with key customers, evaluating performance versus plan for various products, the effectiveness of promotions and programs, and potential for further growth with various accounts. Assess and pursue opportunities for development of new business within the assigned region.
- Attend business and client networking events throughout the Hudson Valley on a regular basis as well as attend and assist with internal events hosted by Luminary throughout the year.
Experience and Skills:
- A business degree emphasizing sales/marketing desired or other job-related field or equivalent business experience with 2 plus years’ sales experience.
- Previous experience including the development of annual business plans, sales forecasts and reports, and budget management.
- Also required are excellent analytical and creative problem solving abilities, verbal/written communication, work organization, and contract negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Google Drive
- Valid and current U.S. Drivers License and reliable transportation.
- Smart phone with data plan and laptop
Apply via email. All applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org