LEARN HOW A REAL WORLD OFFICE FUNCTIONS. GET HANDS ON EXPERIENCE.
Position Summary: The Office Assistant Intern will be working directly with the Office Manager. The Office Assistant Intern will provide administrative and office support for a team of 20 staff. Administrative support includes creating and maintaining databases, assist in event planning projects, learning about CRM (Client Relationship Management Tool), and other projects as assigned.
Job Responsibilities: The duties of this role are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct them as necessary
- Maintain and manage magazine subscriptions including preparing labels/mailing and expiration notices
- Provide support to the Office Manager, including collection calls, solving customer problems and post office and bank runs
- Running reports from our CRM tool
- Assist with database management
- Provide key support to both the Marketing and Sales departments on multiple projects including lead generation and prospecting, and client communications
- Assist in the coordination of events
- Maintain and manage details of building and office management
- Making copies and collating documents; As directed, other office support functions, prepare shipments and mailings;
- Work on special projects as assigned.
Requirements: This position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure. Excellent communication, and attention to detail is vital. Demonstrated agility to shift direction in response to changing work situations is critical.Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and able to learn other computer programs such as Magazine Manager, Word Press and Mail Chimp as well as familiarity with database structures. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year work experience in a fast-paced office environment. High school diploma and some college required.
Compensation and Schedule: Internships are unpaid. A minimum time commitment of 3 months is required with 20 hours a week, and working hours are negotiable. College credit available.