The Administrative Sales Assistant will be responsible for supporting daily activities of the Sales Director and Sales team. The role will include communication with clients via telephone and e-mail. This role will also work on marketing initiatives, such as events, blog posts, and prospecting. The Administrative Sales Assistant will strive to add value to our monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals while supporting the larger sales staff with introductions, meeting scheduling and client/prospect follow-up. Our management team will help you develop your strengths, show you how to drive results, and get you to the next step in your career. Please note, prior sales experience is not required but preferred for this role. High energy, enthusiasm, a willingness to learn, a self-starter attitude and ability to be pro-active are required.
- Provide overall support of the sales team; database maintenance, client follow-up, ad-copy creation, lead prospecting
- Work with clients: Responding to client inquiries, issues and incoming leads
- Assist in the creation of marketing collateral such as E-blasts and media kits
- Support prospecting efforts and help identify new customers while building and managing a sales pipeline to meet or exceed target.
- Handle inbound/outbound calls and emails from potential business partners
- Track activity, contacts, accounts, and opportunities in CRM tool.
- Conduct intro and initial prospecting calls via the phone/email to generate leads, qualify leads, and assess their value.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- A High School diploma or GED required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of calls and have great telephone skills.
- Must be organized, able to work independently and as a team player, have a positive attitude, and good listening skills.
- A strong pro-active mentality.
- Smart phone with data plan and laptop.
- Valid & Current U.S. Drivers License with reliable transportation.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive.